Triphala juice has lots of benefits when used in treatment of eye disorders and digestive problems. It also promotes cardiac health and has anti-inflammatory properties.
What is triphala juice
Triphala juice is derived from the triphala formula. The literal meaning of it is “three fruits” in which tri means “three” and phala means “fruit”. The three fruits present in triphala are Amalaki, Haritaki and Bibhikati. A saying is popular in India that an ayurvedic practitioner can heal any disease if he knows how to use triphala properly
The three fruits present in triphala are featured below
· – it is quite a popular fruit and is used widely. The healthcare practitioners in India have been using this fruit since the ancient times for curing different diseases. This fruit has the ability to lower cholesterol. Vitamin C is also present in it. It is beneficial for all doshas (one of the three bodily humors which make up the body’s constitution according to Ayuverdas) but is particularly beneficial for balancing “pitta” (one of the three doshas).
· – it is another ancient plant having detoxifying effect on the muscles, blood and fatty tissues of the body. It is quite useful against conditions which involve excess mucous in the system and is quite beneficial for bone formation. This fruit is called as “the one which keeps away diseases” because of its multiple benefits.
· – this fruit is known as the Tibetan “King of Medicine”. Different statues of Buddha show him depicting a handful of these fruits which indicates its long term use in Asia. It is quite beneficial for the heart and brain. It can be used as laxative too but it can also be used as an anti-diarrheal treatment. It also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.
Triphala balances Apana Vata which is a subdosha of Vata that controls the lower abdomen, menstrual flow and elimination. Some people consider triphala as a mild laxative and that’s why it is quite beneficial eliminating waste materials from the digestive system. It is quite a strong laxative in rare cases. It also detoxifies the body in moderate case
Triphala juice is quite beneficial for health and it has attracted many Western Medical practitioners due to its ability to treat a wide range of health conditions.
- Triphala Juice is a herbal blend of Haritaki, Baheda, Amla, Aloevera
- In Ayurveda, Triphala (Haritaki, Baheda, Amla) has been historically used as a digestive cleanser and tonic. This has been backed up with numerous modern scientific studies demonstrating the positive effects of its component herbs on the gastro-intestinal tract.
- Triphala has been shown to be a Tridoshic Rasayana (ability to balance Vata, Pitta, Kapha), a potent antioxidant, protecting cells against the damaging effects of free radicals.
- Aloe vera is considered to be a nutritional storehouse. It acts as an immune booster and as an antioxidant.
- Acts as an excellent colon cleanser, may help to promote good colon health.
- Helps in overall support for the digestive system.
- May help improve the functions of the Liver.
- Safe for long term and regular use.