India the land of natural spices and herbs is full of spices that if taken regularly can work wonders. Among the many known herbs, ajwain is one such herb to have numerous benefits for us. Carom seeds or bishop’s weed also known as ajwain is a common herb found in Indian households and is well known for properties that makes it one of the most used home remedies. Ajma Powder contain health benefitting essential oils like thymol which offers aromatic fragrances to seeds and helps to increase the digestive function of the intestinal tract by increasing effective digestive enzymes. Acidity is a common stomach ailment that affects many. Although antacids are normally used to get rid of this problem, side-effects due to their long-term use, has favored the use of natural remedies to combat the condition. One such effective and safe, natural aid is ajwain.
Ajwain is used a home remedy to cure pains and aches such as ear ache. When ajwain seeds are mixed with til oil or sesame oil and crushed garlic, and a few drops are poured in the ears, it relieves ear pain. Ajwain is said to have niacin along with other vitamins, which helps to keep heart ailments at bay. If ajwain be taken with warm water daily on an empty stomach, it will keep you in good health and aid in blood circulation.
Ajwain is a great herb to cure acid reflux and stop hiccups. Since, it improves digestion and aids in flow of gastric juices it also lessens the acid formation in the body.
It is advisable to mix jeera or cumin seeds and ajwain or carom seeds in equal quantity, heat it in a glass of water until it becomes half the quantity and drink the water when cooled off. This immediately relieves any symptoms of acidity. It is also useful in alleviating the pain caused due to migraines.
Home Remedies Receipes
1. If you have cough, Chew little ajwain and drink hot water, cough will subside.
2. A teaspoon of ajwain with a little rock salt is a household remedy for indigestion.
3. People have gastric problems, take 2 big spoon of curd,add 1 tbs of Ajwain powder and half gram of black salt.
4. For lack of appetite, Take ¼ tbs Hing(asafoetida), ¼ tbs dry ginger powder, ¼ tbs pepper powder, ¼ tbs, Ajwain(ajmo), ¼ tbs jeeru(anel seeds) powder, ¼ tbs Shahjeeru, ¼ tbs Sindhav rock salt, mix well and keep one tbs with butter milk before lunch.
5. For dull skin, Take ½ tbs Ajwain, mix it with ½ tbs jaggery and 1/2 tbs cow ghee, take this three times a day.
6. For menstrrul problems, Take 2 cup of water, add 1 tbs ajwain and soak it for whole night. In the morning boil is water till half make it cool add ½ tbs of jaggery take this in the morning and in the afternoon after 2 hours of lunch. Take these 3 days before the menstrual cycle.