It is often said that 75% of fitness and overall health comes from the diet a person maintains. ‘You are what you eat’ is something quite true. There are so many people who put in such a large amount of effort while exercising, but a lack of prudence, when it comes to their diet, happens to be their undoing. So, let’s get some ideas on how to eat healthy food and lose weight without much effort.
1. Lemon love: One of the small but meaningful improvements that a person may bring in his or her diet is the inclusion of lemons. It may seem simple, but to increase metabolism of the body and to detoxify your liver, it is pretty important to have lime water regularly. All you need to do is squeeze a few lemons in three litres of water, and drink it on a daily basis.
2. Read the fine print: Spending a little time making sure the food that you eat is what it seems is something which can pay massive dividends. So, when out shopping, it makes a lot of sense to look at the table on the box, which features the nutritional information, rather than taking the label on the front at face value. You never know, the food that is marketed to be ‘diet food’ need not necessarily be as healthy as it is made out to be. Quite contradictory, isn’t it?
3. Splurge on salads: Many people happen to associate weight loss with salads and there is a good reason for them doing this. As a matter of fact, if a big lunch is replaced with a salad, there are multiple easy benefits such as low calorie content, high fibre intake etc. In order to make the salad tasty, there is a range of things which can be added to it. For example, nuts and avocado, both of which have health benefits. What can be better when taste and health are being added in one fell swoop?
4. Make friends with green tea: Green tea is considered one of the best drinks that helps in accelerating your metabolism. Research shows having four cups of green tea every day will help you lose weight up to almost 2.7 kgs within 2 months. Therefore, if you want to lose weight effectively, say goodbye to your hot cup of coffee today and shake hands with green tea.
5. Control your cravings: Avoiding binge eating is crucial in order to stay healthy. After all, who wants all the effort and care put into exercise and correct eating to be wasted, just because of a temporary departure from rationality? Well, as long as a person eats at regular times and does not allow too much of a gap between meals, this should not be a problem.
In short, a person does not have to make very radical changes or alteration to the diet he or she is on in order to be able to enjoy a good health.