Prolonged constipation and nervous debility can cause Drishti dosha. Common cold can also lead to eyesight defects. Stress , Diabetes, Excessive smoking, alcohol intake, caffienated drinks are also responsible for defective. If proper care for eye is not taken, it can result into various eye conditions such as age related macular degeneration and cataracts, which is a leading cause of blindness in the world. The Ayurvedic name for defective eyesight is ‘Drishti Dosha’. Alochaka Pitta isresponsible for maintaining eyesight and it weakens with age. Proper caring for the eyes is one preventative measure that helps.
Ayurvedic Herbs for improving Eyesight:
· 1) Amla - Extract the juice of fresh amla and drink 20 ml twice daily.
· 2) Bhringraj - When Bhringraj herb or amla herb oil or paste is applied over eyes, they help in improving eye vision.
· 3) Black pepper- Black pepper powder should be mixed with honey o improve eyesight.
· 4) Ghee - Rub a small amount of ghee on soles of the feet to improve eye vision.
· 5) Garlic - The juice extracted from fresh garlic is used for regaining lost eyesight.
· 6) Rose petals - Freshly extracted juice of properly cleaned rose petals, which can be used both internally and externally for improving eye vision.
· 7) Triphala - Triphala is an important medicine for eye health, especially blurred vision or to prevent the development of cataract.